Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Denver & Fort Collins - Days Two & Three

Thursday, November 12th, 2009

Plan of attack today: Explore daytime Denver and hang with the fam!

We're staying near 16th street mall, which is apparently the prime area for shopping in Denver. It's closed to auto traffic, with the exception of free shuttle busses (gotta love free transportation). The shopping district was cute, with brick sidewalks on 16th and a few boutiques... but we still love Portland the most.

My cousin, Dayna (actually my dad's cousin), sent someone from her work to come get us from our hotel and bring us back to her work in Aurora. She works in healthcare at a gorgeous short-term PT/rehab facility and gave us the grand tour when we arrived. After the tour, we hitched a ride to Greeley, CO to stay with my other cousin, Deron (Dayna's brother). Deron was awesome enough to share his house and one of his cars with us for a few days. I love my family!!

Friday, November 13th, 2009

Plan of attack: Drive to Fort Collins and visit the New Belgium brewery.

We had several friends suggest visiting New Belgium while we were in the Denver area, so we decided to make a day of it. Jackie and I both brushed up on our stick-shift driving skills before we left for this trip, and between the two of us we make one awesome driver.

Jackie backed the car out of the driveway, putzed around the neighborhood for a bit to get a feel for the car... and then made me drive. Yeah yeah. It's my family... so I should probably be responsible anyhow (Don't worry Deron, I know what I'm doing!).

We got to Fort Collins in about 40 minutes and jumped in on a tour of the brewery (usually they are booked several days in advance, so we lucked out). Let's just hope the snow let's up before we have to drive home......

(Brewery pictures to follow!)

xoxo

j & k

No comments:

Post a Comment